Preventing Construction Site Theft with Moving Intelligence
Construction sites have become prime targets for thieves, with 9 in 10 tradespeople being victims of theft. With expensive plant machinery, tools and materials, construction sites are a treasure trove for thieves.
The implications of these crimes go far beyond the immediate financial loss - the losses incurred not only impacts construction companies directly but also filters down to affect project timelines, leading to delays, financial repercussions and unhappy customers.
Preventing Construction Site Theft
Statistics show that less than 10% of stolen plant machinery is ever recovered, so it is crucial that you take precautions in order to safeguard your assets - don’t wait until it’s too late.
At Moving Intelligence, we have created a range of innovative, industry-leading plant tracking solutions, designed to keep your high-value plant, construction and agricultural equipment safe from thieves.
Plant Tracking Solutions
- VT100: The go-to, ultra-powerful GPS tracking system for ever-changing fleet management.
- VT202: The ultimate tailor-made tracking device, programmed specifically to support your site needs.
- AT4: A robust battery operated tracker, specially designed for rough and rugged environments.
- Mi01 Sentry: Maximising after-theft effectiveness, the Mi01 Sentry equips your asset with GPS, cell-site positioning and RF signal.
- Asset+: The UK’s first hybrid tracking solution; combining a hard-wired asset management system with a battery-operated after-theft device.
- Keypad Immobilisation: Providing double/triple layer protection, with driver/operator authentication and restricted user access.
Additional Ways to Prevent Construction Site Theft
- Store tools and equipment in a secure building with locks that comply with BS3621 standards, whenever possible.
- Refrain from leaving any assets on display when not in use, especially overnight.
- Install cameras and/or security lights across your site in order to deter thieves.
- Double check all locks and security measures before leaving site - ensure alarms are activated, cameras are positioned correctly and security lights are operational.
For more information regarding our plant tracking solutions, get in touch with our team of experts and we’ll be happy to advise you on how to prevent theft on your construction site.