Protecting Your Motorhome from Winter Theft
The cold winter months are a time when many caravan and motorhome owners choose to put their vehicles into storage and lock them away until the warmer spring days come along. However, with reports indicating a 33% increase in motorhome thefts throughout the winter months, steps need to be taken to ensure the safety of your vehicle.
Motorhome Protection Tips:
- Fit an alarm. An alarm will deter thieves and alert you if someone tries to break into your motorhome. Our Vanguard Motorhome Alarm is equipped with 12 sensors at the entry points of your motorhome for real-time notifications of any suspicious activity.
- Invest in a good tracking device. A tracking device will allow you to track the location of your motorhome in real time. Utilsing cutting-edge technology, our iTrack system is an advanced, budget-friendly solution designed to ensure the security and safety of your asset.
- For maximum protection, invest in a tracking and alarm combo. Our popular Sentinel systems combine a Cat1 alarm and a Thatcham-accredited tracking system, providing you with the highest possible level of security and giving you the ultimate peace of mind.
- Immobilise your vehicle. Make it impossible for thieves to steal your motorhome with an immobilisation device, stopping them in their tracks. Both our Sentinel Ultimate and iTrack Ultimate solutions benefit from immobilisation, allowing you to immobilise your vehicle remotely.
- Store your caravan or motorhome in a secure location. If possible, store your motorhome in a locked garage/storage facility or on a well-lit private driveway.
- Remove all valuables from your caravan or motorhome. It’s important to note that thieves are less likely to target motorhomes that is empty, so if possible, clear them out for the winter.
- Let your neighbours know that you are storing your caravan or motorhome. If you live in a friendly neighbourhood, ask your neighbours if they can keep an eye on your vehicle for you, especially if you go on holiday.
For more information regarding our motorhome tracking and alarm systems, get in touch with our team of experts and we’ll be happy to advise you on how to best protect your motorhome this winter.
Our nationwide network of accredited installers provide a first-class installation service so you can relax knowing your system is set up properly.