How Our Solutions Can Help Benefit Your Business
More than 3,000 people die in road collisions every year and estimates suggest that a third of all accidents involve at-work drivers. This is a remarkable statistic when consideration is given to the fact that out of 30 million vehicles on British roads, the commercial count is only a little over three and a half million. Future failings by senior managers that lead to a death could result in unlimited fines, and the stigma that results from a corporate manslaughter or health and safety conviction could prove even more damaging. A number of work related fatalities that have occurred following the introduction of the Corporate Manslaughter Act are currently under investigation.
How can you minimise your risk?
Vehicle tracking technology isn’t simply a means of saving money by cutting fuel bills and increasing efficiency, it can also save lives.
Companies using such systems have the information at their fingertips to successfully manage road risk; providing tangible proof of their ongoing commitment to their duty of care responsibilities.
Better training: Vehicle tracking data enables managers to identify high risk drivers who speed regularly and address such problems – ultimately stopping accidents – through driver training. Managers can assess risks by running off speed analysis reports at the touch of a button.
More breaks: The need for companies to adhere to a strict policy on working hours and miles driven per day is vital. Vehicle tracking ensures that drivers comply with the demands of the Working Time Directive, giving alerts when a break is needed and stopping drivers from working too many hours and falling asleep at the wheel.
Safer driving conditions: The more advanced vehicle tracking systems can compel drivers to carry out a vehicle check in line with their company’s health and safety policy, every day, before they start work. Integrating tracking with messaging technology also means that drivers are no longer tempted to answer mobile calls from the office without pulling over.
Safer working conditions: Tracking can actively protect employees. Panic buttons are often integrated into tracking systems, triggering an automatic email or being converted into a text message. They are particularly valuable for lone workers in remote areas or drivers delivering high value goods.
Less stress: With vehicle tracking, if your drivers are running late for any reason, the office team can warn the customer in advance, improving standards of customer service and making sure drivers don’t have to deal with aggressive or disgruntled customers.
Fairer distribution of work: As tracking distributes jobs as efficiently as possible, it means that diligent drivers no longer have to fill in the gaps for the less committed ones. Management can also see which drivers are working the hardest and can reallocate schedules accordingly.
How vehicle tracking helps…
Many individuals in a business can benefit from vehicle tracking, find out how!
You’d expect GPS vehicle tracking to make a fleet manager’s life easier. But tracking software helps everyone in your business. From the receptionist, who can now tell anxious customers exactly when their order will be delivered, to the HR manager who can tick duty of care boxes decisively, to the sales team who have a major customer benefit to add to their sales armoury.
How vehicle tracking helps Finance Directors
Driving efficiencies throughout your business;
For those responsible for finance, the benefits of vehicle tracking will quickly become obvious. The technology is geared towards driving efficiencies in resource allocation, fuel cost savings and squeezing more jobs into a day. All benefits to the bottom line!
- Slash fuel costs – according to recent research by the Institute of Transport Management, vehicle tracking cuts 14% off an average fleet fuel bill by reducing speeding, cutting engine idling and enabling more efficient routing
- Cut overtime and expense costs – it is estimated that around 45% of companies are victims of expense fraud, including missing petrol receipts and ‘padded’ mileage claims. With verified vehicle tracking records, you can say goodbye to inflated overtime and mileage claims
- Cut personal usage – a quick trip to the shops or home on personal business can quickly add up to a major additional spend on fuel. Tracking quickly and effectively spells an end to unapproved personal usage
- Increase productivity – find the nearest vehicle to a job in seconds, saving both time and fuel
- Help to fulfil your legal obligations – companies using tracking have tangible proof of their ongoing commitment to new Duty of Care responsibilities under last year’s Corporate Manslaughter Act
- Companies frequently see an immediate return on their investment once tracking technology is implemented
How vehicle tracking helps Fleet Managers
Cut fuel costs, reduce overtime and improve driver and vehicle safety. Operating a fleet is so much easier with GPS vehicle tracking. The AMI Nexis system presents information into relevant reports to help fleet managers see where fuel costs can be cut, overtime reduced and driver and vehicle safety improved.
- When a customer calls, all you have to do is key in their postcode and we’ll tell you which of your vehicles is nearest to the job – saving you both time and fuel
- Find out who is doing what and where, so you can allocate jobs more efficiently
- Schedule jobs better and increase the number of jobs your workforce can perform in a given week
- Review a driver’s activity on a map showing his movements and check to see if he is taking a meandering route to a job or going back on himself
- Plan your routes to regular jobs more efficiently
- Find out when drivers have crossed ‘geofence’ boundary lines, so you can tell when drivers have arrived or left a distribution centre, for example, or get an alert when they are nearing a customer site
- Every time a driver returns to the yard, you get an alert – so you can make sure they’re back out and on the next job as soon as possible
Cut fuel costs
- Cut unauthorised out of hours vehicle usage
- Stop drivers using your vehicles to pop home for lunch or run personal errands
- Find out when your drivers are leaving the engine running unnecessarily
- Be alerted when a vehicle’s engine idles for longer than a pre-determined length if time
- Ensure drivers keep their speed down and drive more fuel efficiently by identifying drivers who speed regularly
- Cut your fuel bill – did you know that driving at 50 mph can use 30% less fuel than at 70 mph?
Make your life easier
- Instant visibility of your workforce, so no need to call to find out where they are
- Keep track of maintenance tasks for all the vehicles in your fleet with on screen or email alerts for MOT, insurance, tax and servicing requirements
- Confirm exactly how long drivers spent on site, helping you to provide quick and accurate invoicing
- Answer customer invoicing queries quickly and easily by providing irrefutable proof of delivery
- Find out exactly how many hours each driver has worked and check the accuracy of overtime claims with our automated timesheet report
- Say goodbye to tedious and time-consuming manual mileage sheets with our automatic mileage reports
Fulfil your legal obligations
- Make sure you’re complying with all the new legislation affecting fleet managers
- Check how many working hours each driver has left each week with our Working Time Directive module, while our Duty of Care module puts the onus on your drivers to complete an initial vehicle safety check, helping to protect them from accidents and you from Corporate Manslaughter legislation
How vehicle tracking helps sales teams
Ensure sales time is spent as effectively as possible
For a Sales Director or Manager, a vehicle tracking system will help them ensure the sales teams’ time is spent as effectively as possible. Plus in-car integrated navigation and messaging gives a seamless link from back office to sales staff helping deliver first class customer service.
Vehicle tracking does not just make life easier for the sales and admin team; it also generates efficiencies. Less time spent on scheduling appointments or determining efficient routes to reach those appointments means less admin cost, less fuel and ultimately more time selling.
You can make even more use of vehicle tracking by geo targeting. Analysis of your sales teams’ regular routes can highlight businesses in geographical areas that are visited or driven through regularly, saving time and prioritising effort.
Vehicle tracking also makes life more straightforward for your individual sales people. Privacy buttons fitted to the dashboard means business mileage is captured and automatically included in mileage reports, while private travel remains exactly that, private.
How vehicle tracking helps the Sales Manager
- Cut time spent on admin, with automated mileage expense reporting
- Be confident that your salespeople have arrived on time
- Get immediate feedback on sales meetings
- Have the ability to pre-route the day’s activities with all address and customer information
- Monitor whether the best route is taken and reduce unnecessary mileage and expenses
- Gain insight into how much time is spent with key clients to ensure good account management
How car tracking helps the Sales Executive
- Benefit from the latest cutting-edge integrated satellite navigation
- Have the ability to send your appointments schedule to your vehicle – no more maps or scribbled notes
- Instantly producing mileage and expense claims but control your privacy during private usage
- Get the support you need – your office team can manage your diary proactively, advising customers if you are running late, for example
- Vehicle tracking can be a valuable sales tool. Telling your customers about your use of vehicle tracking will add real value to your service delivery proposition, highlight your company’s commitment to customer service and bolster your reputation as a forward thinking, customer-centric company using cutting edge technology
- Save hours of admin time with our automated breakdown of business and private mileage – no more wading through receipts and diaries to submit your expenses form each month, just press a private mileage button every time you are setting off on personal business
How vehicle tracking helps Risk Managers
Safeguard your company and stay on the right side of the law
Any organisation operating vehicles has a considerable responsibility to ensure that both drivers and vehicles are up to the job. Vehicle tracking provides many safeguards to ensure your company keeps on the right side of the law:
- Vehicle tracking doesn’t just save money, it can also save lives
- Companies using tracking have tangible proof of their ongoing commitment to new duty of care responsibilities under last year’s Corporate Manslaughter Act
- Our Duty of Care module puts the onus on your drivers to complete an initial vehicle safety check every day, safeguarding your drivers from vehicle risks such as bald tyres, low air pressure or faulty lights
- Speed reports identify high risk drivers who speed regularly, allowing you to address problems – ultimately stopping accidents – through driver training
- Working Time Directive reports help you to schedule your mobile workforce to ensure that they don’t break the drive time limits specified by the legislation. You can also set up alerts to tell drivers when they haven’t taken enough rest breaks to stop them from working too many hours and potentially driving dangerously
- Panic buttons triggering an automatic email or text message are particularly valuable for lone workers in remote areas or drivers delivering high value goods
- Stationary vehicle alerts bring managers’ attention to potential driver safety issues when a vehicle has been at a standstill during a working day for more than one hour, for example
- Driver ID technology allows fleet managers to meet additional legal responsibilities by identifying exactly who is driving a vehicle, where and at what time
How vehicle tracking helps Accounts Staff
Automate many slow manual tasks and deal with customer queries instantly
For your accounts team, vehicle tracking can help to automate many, slow manual tasks, plus it helps to speed up billing and dealing with customer queries. From automatic timesheet and mileage claim reports to guaranteed proof of attendance at a job, accounts teams will always be able to make the most of the system.
- Confirm exactly how long drivers spent on site, helping you to provide quick and accurate invoicing – improving cash flow
- Answer customer invoicing queries quickly and easily by providing irrefutable proof of delivery or attendance
- Cut hours off your payroll administration with our free automated timesheet reports
- Find out exactly how many hours each driver has worked and check the accuracy of overtime claims at the touch of a button
- Say goodbye to tedious and time-consuming manual mileage sheets with our automatic mileage reports, which split out private and business mileage for even more convenience
- Instantly identify who was driving the vehicle in the event of receiving speeding or parking fines
- Access valuable and reliable information to complete analysis tasks
- Use our private mileage functionality to instantly calculate private miles and bill back employees who want to use their vehicles privately
- Check the profitability of set fee contracts (are they paying peanuts but getting more visits than a Platinum customer?) to improve account management